2007年5月12日土曜日

Norman Rockwell












You might have seen his pictures (see second picture which is on bottom). He is a American famous painter and illustrator. He is also famous in Japan. I like him very much. My wallet is hisdesign, and my schedule book is his, too. oh, my calender,too. I'd like to tell you about him.


Norman Rockwell was born in New York, 3rd of February, 1894. He graduated from art school. In 1916 through 1963, He painted a cover of "Saturday Evening Post. His style of paints is that he painted American citizen's lives with a light touch. His paints had great expressions of Americans' hearts, so he became famous. On the other hand, his pictures in the later period tell us that he had a social nature strongly. He also drew portraits of Dwight David Eisenhower, (34'sUS Presdent) , John Fitzgerald Kennedy(35's US President), Lyndon Baines Johnson(36's US Presdent) and so on. In any case, he was the greatest painter in the world. He painted over 2000, but most of them had lost by a fire. He died 8th of November,1978.

(Norman Rockwell. Wikipedia. 12/5/2007. http://ja.wikipedia.org/)




The reason why I like him, I had an opportunity to go to an art exhibition when I was a high school student with my friend. There were many other painter's works, but I was nailed by his pictures. His pictures were moving at any moment, and easy to image what people on the picture do. Most of his pictures were a part of daily life. His works were felt warm. I'd like to go to his exhibition again if I can have a chance.


(first picture:Wikipedia, Second picture:I took "Saturday Evening Post" by myself.)

0 件のコメント: